As the cooler months arrive and your doggo is spending more time inside, it can be tricky to keep them challenged and entertained. In the past 12 months we have seen various puzzle bowls and snuffle mats arrive in the dog accessory market. We decided to take a deeper look at the puzzle bowls.
The packaging is simple and fit for purpose. It displays some of the basic benefits and how to use the puzzle bowl.
On removal from it's packaging, the puzzle bowl is light but the plastic construction feels sturdy. The coloured puzzle pieces slide easily in their slots. The 14 containers are suitable to hold a variety of treats or dry food sizes.
We decided this was a test for Rocky the Beaglier. She is very smart and has a very acute sense of smell.
The puzzle was loaded with a variety of her usual kibble and some diced dog roll to see of there was any difference in her interaction with the puzzle. The slots/covers for the food areas were placed in different positions; some fully covered, others partially covered.
The puzzle bowl was introduced to Rocky without any preparation to see how she interacted with the toy. The video below shows here interaction.
You will see she quickly goes after the exposed/open containers, but quickly learns she can push the puzzle pieces with her nose and paw to expose more treats.
- Sturdy food grade plastic
- Suitable for a large variety of treats or food types
- Quick to prepare
- Doggo can be left alone to interact with the puzzle
- A smart dog will learn this puzzle and it will become easier to empty over time
- May initially take some human interaction to help teach your doggo how to use this puzzle
Final Verdict - it is Dog Approved 😊
The Puzzle Bowl is a convenient and fun interactive toy for your doggo. It is ideally suited for inside time. I would use this periodically(not every day) to ensure the puzzle is still challenging and exciting for your doggo. changing up the types of treats and smells will also make sure this provides long lasting enjoyment for your doggo.
Share this post
- Tags: dog approved, dog approved product test, dog bowl, dog distraction, dog food, dog toy, product review, puzzle bowl, slow feed bowl