We are always on the lookout for simple solutions that make caring for our doggos easier. The LED Measuring Spoon appears to be a simple solution to ensure correct food portions are given at each feeding time. We decided to try it out.
The measuring spoon comes in a neat minimal white box. contained within it is the spoon is in two pieces; the scoop and the handle. The required battery is not included so you will need to go to your local Woolies or Coles and buy a 2032 button battery. The scoop and handle are easily assembled via a small hook.
Our test plan was straight forward. Assemble the spoon and see how easy it was to measure out a typical meal like our dogs dry food. The video below shows how this test was performed.
Some key observations from this test are:
- The scoop took a few seconds to zero correctly when turned on
- It takes a very steady hand to reliably get the measurement to the gram. This appears the be a function of the design of the detachable scoop on the handle.
Overall the spoon was easy to use and would be more accurate than a manual spoon, measuring cup if a varied diet is provided.
- Easy to use
- Accurate enough to be used daily for a variety of food types on a daily basis.
- Scoop detaches for cleaning.
- Can measure in g, ml, cup and oz adjusted by the right hand button.
- Given it is hand held it is very sensitive on settling on a final weigh to the gram as compared to a desktop kitchen scales.
Final Verdict - it is Dog Approved 😊
The LED Measuring Spoon is a convenient accessory for measuring out accurate quantities of your doggo's food.