Are you heading back to school or the office soon? This can be a stressful time for your doggo as they do not understand why you and the family are not around following the holidays.
Here are our top tips for reducing your doggo's separation anxiety as you and the family are around less.
The best ways to manage separation anxiety in a dog include:
1. Gradually increase the amount of time your doggo is left alone, starting with short periods and gradually increasing them over the next few weeks.
2. Providing the dog with interactive toys, such as treat-dispensing puzzles and snuffle mats, to keep them occupied while alone.
3. Train your doggo to associate being alone with positive experiences, such as providing them with a special treat or toy only when they are left alone.
4. Create a comfortable and secure environment for your doggo, such as using a crate or playpen and ensuring they have access to plenty of water and a comfortable place to rest.
5. Establish a consistent routine for your doggo and stick to it, including times for meals, walks, and play.
Check out our store dogapproved.co for some great ideas on toys and accessories for number 2 & 3.
I hope this helps the transition back to school and work in the coming weeks.